A recruitment resourcer may be employed in any organisation that requires a recruitment function. Their role is to identify, attract and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process to fulfil the requirements of the business brief and provide resourcing support to the recruitment function. They may also be required to identify new business opportunities. Typical responsibilities for a recruitment resourcer are:
- Research, identify, attract and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process to fulfil the requirements of the business brief
- Identify new business opportunities through a variety of means and refer these opportunities to a recruiter
- Meet all procedures and carry out relevant processes to ensure industry codes of ethics and relevant legislation are adhered to
A career in recruitment as a recruitment resourcer can appeal to those individuals who possess an entrepreneurial outlook. It provides the opportunity for reward and high earning potential. Many opportunities arise for professional and personal development within the recruitment sector with transferable skills being respected throughout industry as a whole.
There are no specific entry requirements, but learners will be expected to have good levels of Maths and English.
To successfully complete this apprenticeship the learner will need to complete one level 2 knowledge qualification and one level 2 competency qualification as listed below: Knowledge:
- Level 2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
Apprentices must achieve level 1 English and math’s and take the test for level 2 prior to taking their EPA
Professional Recognition and Progression
The role of recruitment resourcer is one of the roles at the beginning of a career in recruitment and this apprenticeship can provide a progression into a number of other roles within the industry. One such route of progression is to a level 3 apprenticeship in recruitment consultancy. Learners who complete these qualifications above will also be eligible for professional registration of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals or Institute of Recruiters.